Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kalpana….I think Magic Mumbai has started to accept me.


Singer Kalpana nominated by ZEE TALKIES for Maharashtracha Favourite Kaun.


Singer Kalpana is known and loved for her beautiful, earthy voice, that has this hard-to-miss, rustic quality about it.This “Tera Ishk Se Meetha” film Aakrosh and“Aila Re Aila Mast Chamaila” film Khatta Meetha singer Kalpana has certainly struck the right chord with her audience. She has good reason to be cheering, as she has been nominatedbyZEE TALKIES for Maharashtracha Favourite Kaun- Peoples Choice Award- 2010 for most popular Marathi singer for song "Sarkar Aahoo Sarkar" for film Gallit Gondhal Dillit Mujra.

This mega event will be held on the 29th October 2010 at Grand Hayatt, Santacruse in Mumbai and will be telecasted live by Zee Talkies."I am very excited and am confident but at the same time, I also am a little scared, wondering how my song will be received," she says, humility personified. In spite of her mother tongue being Assamese, Kalpana easily adapted different languages. She has already sung in around 9000 songs for 22 languages. Dedicated and devoted are the adjectives that come to mind when we talk about Kalpana and her music. The unmistakable divinity in the way she renders each of her songs is what makes them work. She believes, "You need to absorb and own a song. When you sing, you should become the song itself." For Kalpana, our legendary Asha Bhosle is the incarnation of versatility and she says, "I have never imitated Ashaji’s voice but I have learned her style, the way she enjoys her notes…..she is versatile…she is a complete singer. This Assamese girl is the darling of the North Indian belt and has been christened the uncrowned BHOJPURI QUEEN. She has been credited with reviving and promoting the Bhojpuri music industry all over the world. Kalpana feels that appreciation from her audience is like a message that she is on the right path. Says Kalpana, Mumbai is where everything happens. It's the one place where you can make a mark, where you can make a difference. I think Mumbai has started to accept me.

"I feel inspired by people applauding me — that energy transmits into me and it helps me take a step further into my inner journey as a human being.It helps me become more settled and contend. I feel that I am following my heart, that my horizon is getting bigger," she says. So, is music everything to this singer? "Yes it is but I would like heal people though my music. I have already started my journey towards it. Sufism moves me." she says.

please view song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqNoP9heYLE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21kiX5bEOgA&feature=related







FILMS 4U.IN

BHOJPURI QUEEN NOMINATED FOR MARATHI AWARD.

http:/www.films4u.in/






ASSAM TRIBUNE
Earthy Appeal
http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts/showpage.asp?id=oct1510%2C12%2C585%2C939%2C825%2C591

No comments: