Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kalpana Patowary - Introduction.

Childhood

Born in 1stth January 1978 at Barpata Road, Assam. I have been singing since my early child hood and have drawn immense inspiration from my father Shri Bipin Patowary, who incidentally is a folk singer.

A graduate in English literature from Cotton College, Assam and Visharad in Indian Classical Music (vocal) under Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyapeeth, Lucknow in 1996, and my goal is set on furthering a career in music.

My first stage performance was when I was just about 4 years old.
I did my parents proud by winning the 1st position in the “Bhupendra Sangeet” competition in 1985 amongst numerous artists from the North East.

In “Rabha Sangeet” competition, I again won the 1st prize.
“Jyoti Sangeet” being my forte, I won “the Best Singer Award” in the “Barpeta District” competition in 1986.

I am also a regular artist for both Doordarshan Kendra as well as All India Radio (yuba bani) Guwahati, since 1992.

I was adjusted the “Best Singer” of “Cotton College”, Guwahati 1993-1994 sessions.

Participated in All India Civil Services Competition “Kala Sangram” held in Bhopal.

I have rendered my voice as playback singer in more than 200 Assamese modern songs. My sold Assamese albums includes: - Kohuwa, Air Hostess, Jonak, Mon, Voilina, Jeuti, Puhar to name a few. Assamese feature films in which I have playbacked are Bhumiputra, Asene Kunuba Hiyaat, Priya O Priya, Kanyadaan, Anya Ek Jatra, Hit list, Morom Jetia Hore,Rupa Ganguly starrer–Ranangini etc....

No comments: